Maasai Mara Budget Safari (3 Days Maasai Mara Budget Safari)
If you are seeking an affordable adventure into the Maasai Mara, Expeditions Maasai Safaris brings you our discounted maasai mara budget safari - our 3 days maasai mara budget safari.
Our maasai mara budget safari is a shared departure from the Nairobi City Market and happens every day. Accommodation is at the popular Lenchada Tourist camp or Rhino Tourist Camp.
During this Corona pandemic, we have lowered our rates for our 3 days maasai mara budget safari as below.
Charges for 3 Days Maasai Mara Budget Safari. These rates are valid until 31st August 2020.
Tour Van Option
- Per resident/citizen adult in a room with 2 adults - 10,500 Kes.
- Per resident/citizen adult in a room with 1 adult - 15,000 Kes.
- Per resident/citizen child (3-11 years) in a room with 2 adults - 8500 Kes.
- Per non-resident adult in a room with 2 adults - 130 USD
- Per non-resident adult in a room with 1 adult - 150 USD
- Per non-resident child (3-11 years) in a room with 2 adults - 85 USD
Land Cruiser Option
- Per resident/citizen adult in a room with 2 adults - 11,500 Kes.
- Per resident/citizen adult in a room with 1 adult - 16,000 Kes.
- Per resident/citizen child (3-11 years) in a room with 2 adults - 9500 Kes.
- Per non-resident adult in a room with 2 adults - 140 USD
- Per non-resident adult in a room with 1 adult - 160 USD
- Per non-resident child (3-11 years) in a room with 2 adults - 95 USD
Included in our Maasai Mara Budget Safari charges above:
- Shared transport from Nairobi City Market
- 2 Nights’ budget accommodation in maasai mara
- meals on full board meal plan
- bottled drinking water (2 bottles per day per person)
- Comprehensive game drives
- services of an English-speaking driver guide.
Excluded from the charges above:
- Park entrance charges (2000 Kes. per Kenyan/resident adult, 600 Kes. per resident child, $160 per non-resident adult, $80 per non-resident child)
- Travel Insurance (Not Mandatory)
- Any other items not mentioned above in the inclusions above.
Itinerary for our 3 days maasai mara budget safari
Day 1 - Nairobi to Maasai Mara
- Pick up at 8 am at Nairobi City Market
- A brief stop over at the Great Rift Valleu View Point. This is an ideal stop over for guests to not only answer call of nature but also enjoy the magnificent views of the Great Rift Valley. Our guests can also buy curios, maasai lesos and other souvenirs from sellers who have shops here.
- Stop over at Narok at 1 pm for a quick lunch.
- Arrival at Lenchada/Rhino Tourist Camp at 3 PM for check in
- Evening game drive
- Return to Camp at 6 PM for dinner and overnight.
If weather permits, an evening bonfire is lit and guests can listen to fascinating Maasai stories over a cup of coffee. Good Night!
Day 2 - Full Day Game Drive at the Maasai Mara National Reserve
Enjoy your breakfast at 6:30 am and thereafter depart for a full day game drive.
Maasai Mara National Reserve is primarily popular for the great wildebeest migration where hundreds of thousands of wildebeests migrate from the Serengeti National Park in Tanzania into Maasai Mara. This spectacle of life time takes places from the month of July all the way to the beginning of October. Sightings of these animals crossing the Mara river where predators like crocodiles, hippos lay in wait is an experience never to remember.
If you travelling outside the migration season, you will be happy to know that Maasai Mara is an all season destination since it is home to all of the African Big Five wildlife - the lion, buffalo, leopard, rhino and the elusive leopard. If you are lucky, you will spot a live action of the big cats hunting for a meal.
Have picnic lunch
Continue with the game drive until 6
Return to the camp for dinner and overnight
Day 3 - Maasai Mara to Nairobi
- Rise with breakfast
- check out at 9:30
- En route game drive as you begin your journey back to Nairobi
- A quick Complementary lunch at Narok
- Drop off at Nairobi City Market at 4 PM marking the end of what has been an incredible maasai mara budget safari with rich memories to remember for a lifetime.
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
How many people does the vehicle has
The vehicle carries a maximum of 7 guests
What should I carry?
Please bring with you your Identification document (ID, Passport), extra cash if you wish to spend along the way or for drinks, something warm for the evenings which are normally chilly, extra face masks and other personal items you deem necessary.
How many people will I share the tent with?
If you book the option of 1 adult in a single room, only you will be in that particular tent; if you book the option of 1 adult sharing because you don't mind sharing with another guest of same gender, only the 2 of you will be in that tent.
Can I bring my own drinks?
Yes, you can carry your own soft and alcoholic drinks but you will only be allowed to drink them in your own room and not in the vehicle or the camp restaurant.
- How safe is the Camp?
The camps are safe and guarded by local warriors at night. Furthermore, theu use the international standard safari tents to guarantee extra safety for guests staying at the tents
- Do you have hot showers and washrooms?
Yes, each tent is self contained with a toilet and a hot shower.
- Do you have electricity at the Camp?
Like majority of camps and lodges in Maasai Mara, Lenchada Tourist Camp relies on a generator that is always on until midnight.
- Can I pay park entrance fee with Mpesa or Card?
We recommend you carry cash for the park entrance fees or use your card. And because sometimes the network can be unstable, Cash is highly recommended to avoid any inconvenience.
- I wish to cancel, do you refund?
We don't issue refunds once payments have been received unless under extreme condition of death of a spouse or the guest. However, if notified 3 days in advance, we allow you to use the money paid for your future trip. If we don't receive a notice within 3 days to departure, the amount paid if forfeited and used to cover the expenses already incurred.
- Can I pay in installments?
Yes, we have a flexible payment plan called Commit Kidogo Kidogo which allows you to pay for any of our safaris in installments.
How to Book our 3 days maasai mara budget safari:
Please Send a WhatsApp message to +254783999999 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with the details below:
- Preferred dates of travel
- Number of adults
- Number and age of all kids travelling
- Nationality of each guest.
Maasai Mara Budget Safari Accommodation in Pictures