3 Days Maasai Mara Group Joining Safari (2023 wildebeest migration)
Our 3 Days, 2 Nights Masai Mara group joining safaris from Nairobi will take you to the world cup of wildlife for the 2023 wildebeest migration experience. Take advantage of our Maasai Mara Group Joining safaris packages and let’s go witness this annual spectacle.
Crowned the 8th wonder of the world in 2012, the Maasai Mara wildebeest migration is a spectacular sight to behold bringing thousands of wildlife from the Serengeti plains to Maasai to Maasai mara every year. Our 3 days, 2 nights Masai mara packages to the Masai Mara are ideal for travelers who don’t mind sharing transport with our other guests or anyone looking to save money on their trip to the Maasai Mara.
For our 3 days, 2 nights as Masai Mara group joining safari packages to Maasai Mara, we have worked with some of the recognized tented camps and lodges and negotiated very special rates for all our guests seeking to witness the wildebeest migration.
Why you should book a Maasai Mara Group Joining Safaris
There are various reasons why you should book a group joining safari to the Maasai Mara:
- Group joining safaris are cheaper compared to a private safari where you would be required to pay for the entire vehicle regardless of how many people you will be traveling with. By paying for your seat only, a group joining safari enables many tourists to enjoy safari moments that otherwise would have been too expensive to afford.
- Group Joining Safaris gives social tourists an opportunity to interact with other guests from different cultures. If you are an outgoing person, a group joining safari can help you meet new people and make friends.
How much is a 3 Days, 2 Nights Group-Joining Safari package to see the Wildebeest Migration at Masai Mara in 2023?
Here are the best prices for a Masai Mara wildebeest migration safari in 2023
Budget Tented Camp Options (Lenchada/Rhino/Sankale)
- Each adult sharing a room - 14,500 KES/$250
- Each adult in a single room - 17,500KES/$300
- Each child sharing a room with adults -11500KES/$170
Enkorok Mara Tented Camp (Mid-Range)
- Each adult sharing a room - 32,500KES/$450
- Each adult in a single room - 42,500KES/$500
- Each child sharing a room with adults - 22,500KES/$250
Jambo Mara Safari Lodge (3.5 star)
- Each adult sharing a room - 26,500KES/$350
- Each adult in a single room - 32,500KES/$420
- Each child sharing a room with adults - 18,500 KES/$225
Masai Mara Emayian Luxury Tented Camp (4 star) (Inclusive of drinks)
- Each adult sharing a room - 46,500KES/$650
- Each adult in a single room - 59,500KES/$800
- Each child sharing a room with adults - 28,000KES/$350
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE PACKAGE
- Shared transport from the Nairobi CBD and back using pop-up room safari tour van and back. To Upgrade to a land cruiser, an extra 2000 KES per person will apply.
- Accommodation for 2 nights in a standard tent or cottage
- Meals on full board (3 meals for every night booked)
- Bottled drinking water
- Comprehensive game drives
- Services of a professional and English-speaking guide
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED
Park entry fees
How much are park entry fees at Masai Mara National Reserve?
- Citizens - KES.1000 per day for an adult, KES.300 per day for a child
- Residents - KES.1200 per day for an adult, KES.600 per day for a child.
- Non-Resident - $80 per day for an adult, $40 per day for a child
Please note you the total amount of park entry fee for a 3 days, 2 night Masai Mara safari will be $160 per adult and $80 per child
Travel Insurance (not mandatory but recommended)
Items of personal nature
WHAT TO CARRY WHEN GOING ON A MAASAI MARA GROUP JOINING SAFARIS FOR THE 2023 WILDEBEEST MIGRATION
If you are a visitor (or just planning your visit to Kenya) please ensure:
- Your passport has not less than 6 months before expiry by the time of your arrival in Kenya and has at least 2 blank pages left.
- Apply for a visa online by clicking here: https://evisa.go.ke/evisa.html
- Have a yellow fever vaccination certificate
What are the Covid-19 Requirements to visit Kenya?
A. GENERAL TRAVEL REQUIREMENT TO ENTER KENYA
- All travelers arriving into Kenya through any point of entry must have a certificate of COVID-19 vaccination. The following categories of travelers are exempt from the requirement:
a. Travelers with medical conditions precluding vaccination. Such persons shall be required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner detailing the medical reason precluding vaccination.
b. Travelers who have recovered from an active COVID-19 infection or received convalescent plasma in the preceding 90 days. Such persons shall be required to provide a letter from a recognized medical practitioner showing that the person may have recovered from an active infection in the preceding 90 days.
c. Returning unvaccinated Kenyans who have difficulty accessing vaccines in their current country of residence. Such persons must be prepared to be vaccinated immediately upon arrival and must register for vaccination on Chanjo-Ke platform before departure. Proof of registration shall be required before entry in to the country.
All travelers coming to Kenya who are fully vaccinated shall be exempt from the requirement of a PCR test.
All eligible unvaccinated travelers arriving at any port of entry into Kenya, must be in possession of a valid COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate conducted within 72 hours before departure regardless of the route of entry. Children below the age of five (5) years are exempt from this requirement.
Unvaccinated travelers arriving at any point of entry shall be subjected to rapid antigen test at their own cost of 30 USD. Any person who test positive on antigen RDT will be subjected to PCR test at their own further cost of 50 USD and self-isolate. Travelers below the age of five (5) years are exempt from this testing requirement.
There will be no paper verification of COVID-19 test results and vaccination certificates upon arrival into Kenya. Airlines should ensure that all travelers have uploaded both documents into global haven before boarding via www.globalhaven.org
Operating crew are exempt from COVID-19 test when on a layover between flights. They must adhere to COVID-19 protocols from airport to hotel/residence and back to airport.
All travelers arriving at any port of entry into Kenya will be required to fill the passenger locator form on the ‘jitenge’ platform. Airlines are advised to allow passengers onboard to use paper passenger locator forms whenever the “jitenge” platform may be down. Port health officers shall clear passengers upon arrival into Kenya.
Passengers travelling out of Kenya will be required to abide by the particular travel, health and COVID-19 related requirements of the destination country.
Pre-departure testing may be considered at the discretion of any of the airlines departing from or terminating in Kenya.
All travelers to countries requiring antigen testing hours before travel will be required to undertake pre-travel rapid antigen test at the MOH Port Health facility at the airport and the results uploaded to the Trusted Travel platform.
WHEN CAN YOU BOOK?
We depart every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday. For the wildebeest migration safari, the best months to travel to the Maasai mara are between July and September. However, since Maasai Mara is an all-season destination, we have group joining safaris throughout the year.
Here is the itinerary:
Day 1 - Departure
- Meeting Point - Nairobi City Market
- Meeting Time - from 7:30 am
- Lunch at Narok
- Arrival at the Camp at 3 PM
- Evening Game Drive
- Dinner and Overnight
Day 2 - Full Day Game Drive.
- Rise with breakfast
- depart for a full-day game drive
- picnic lunch is served
- afternoon game drive
- 5 PM - return to the camp for dinner and overnight
This is also a good day to go on a hot air balloon ride. You can read more on the prices here
Day 3 - Departure for Nairobi
- Rise with Breakfast
- Checkout at 9 am
- Pass by the national reserve for an en-route game drive
- Lunch at Narok (USD7) from your pocket
- Arrival at Nairobi City Market at 4 PM
End of the Safari
If you are planning a safari to the Maasai Mara or even looking for an affordable group joining safaris this wildebeest migration season, we would love to travel with you!
How to Book a 3 Days Masai Mara Group Joining Safari Package for the 2023 wildebeest migration
To book this exciting 2023 Masai wildebeest migration safari package, simply chat with Expeditions Maasai Safaris on WhatsApp here or submit your booking details by tapping on the ‘book now’ button belowBook Now TripAdvisor